Author: From Victory Garden Cookbook, Common Good Farm
You can round out the quantity with other greens if needed & works especially nicely with the salad turnip greens! Seriously…THIS IS GOOD!
- 6 T. butter
- 1 c. chopped onions or white leek portions
- 8 c. loosely packed radish leaves (can include turnip tops too)
- 2 c. diced peeled potatoes
- 6 c. liquid (stock, water or combo)
- ½ c. heavy cream – optional
- freshly ground pepper
- Melt 4 T. butter in a large saucepan, add onions/leeks & cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in radish tops, cover pan & cook over low heat until wilted, 8 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes until soft in liquid along with 1 t. salt. Combine with radish tops & cook covered for 5 minutes to mingle flavors.
- Puree finely in a food processor or food mill. Add heavy cream if desired & enrich with 2 T. butter. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Serve hot.
NOTE: USE CAUTION WHEN PUREEING OR BLENDING HOT SOUPS!
Learn more about Common Good Farm